KERRISDALE FIGURE SKATING CLUB (KFSC)
5670 E. Boulevard
KFSC is a local Vancouver club with energetic, competitive and committed skaters and coaches looking to add one additional coach to the Coaching Team. Now that COVID-19 restrictions are easing, KFSC is pleased to be accepting Applications for a Club Coach for the 2021/2022 season.
– Minimum ISPC Level 2 completion or higher (Dependent on resume, Level 1 may be considered)
– Ability to coach skaters in all disciplines (Skills/Freeskate and Dance) and all ages
– Current Skate Canada Coaching Certification and in good standing with Skate Canada
– **Team player **; must be willing to integrate with Team Coaching approach
– Provide instruction in private and group/team environment
– Ability to coach at Jr. Stars, Starskate, Test/Competitive and Dance
– Ability to provide off-ice training when required
– Potential for coaching on club program sessions (e.g. Canskate)
– Must be enthusiastic, reliable and energetic with good organizational skills
– Able to communicate and interact well with skaters, coaches, parents, club volunteers and Board Members
– Must be available for Kerrisdale FSC scheduled ice times for above-noted skating level programs
Club ice times are Tuesday to Friday late afternoon/evenings and Sunday morning and night, starting mid-September to mid-March. Spring and summer skating (reduced hours) are held at different Vancouver ice rinks from April to mid-August.
Please visit our website at https://skatekerrisdale.uplifterinc.com/ to learn about our Club Programs, our Coaches and our Team Coaching approach. Our Team Coaching format was introduced for our StarSkaters to allow skaters to build their skills and abilities by learning from more than one coach and benefiting from each coach’s technical strengths. The coaching team shapes the nature of the club and the atmosphere on the ice and ensures that all skaters feel supported by everyone in the club and progress to their own potential. Our Skating Director and Program Administrator coordinate coaching sessions for each Starskater.
To apply, please forward resume along with cover letter and three references by 7 August 2021 to:
KFSC Skating Director – Nikolai Balabardin – [email protected]
All applications will be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted. We thank everyone who expresses interest.